Rio Bike and Surfboards
You can ride your bike to the subway and park it inside the station. The service is available from Monday to Saturday, from 5 am to midnight, and on Sundays and holidays, from 7 am to 11 am. Where to find the bicycle racks:
- Pavuna Station (100 spots)
- Colégio Station (20 spots)
- Irajá Station (16 spots)
- Vicente de Carvalho Station (10 spots)
- Inhaúma Station (10 spots)
- Triagem Station (10 spots)
- Estácio Station (10 spots)
- Catete Station (5 spots)
- Cantagalo Station (10 spots)
- Ipanema/Gal. Osório Station (30 spots)
Boarding with your surfboard on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
It is allowed to ride the subway with your surfboard on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays in all stations and in the subway buses (Metrô Na Superfície). The boarding must be done on the last car of the train, and the surfboard must be protected by a bag and not be over 2 meters long. All clients that choose to do so are not charged extra for the service.
Boarding with your bike on weekends
On weekends and holidays all clients are allowed to ride the subway carrying their bikes at all times, always on the last car of the train.